Inbox folders missing under POP3 Account

I have recently moved my ISP and part of the migration included all of my email history.  When I use my new ISP's cPanel I can see all of my migrated emails and the folder structures under the Inbox folder with the expected emails therein.

I have just added this account to Outlook 2013 on my PC as a POP3 connection and it has connected and sent the test email expected.  However in Outlook all of the emails have come through as unread in the Inbox folder NOT in the sub folders, in fact the sub-folders do not show at all.

Any idea why this could be happening?

A POP3 account only is capable of downloading from the Inbox folder. If you want all your emails and folder structure to sync with the mail server, then you'll need to configure it as an IMAP account.

See: Convert from a POP3 account to IMAP

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
https://www.howto-outlook.com
https://www.msoutlook.info

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have recently moved my ISP and part of the migration included all of my email history.  When I use my new ISP's cPanel I can see all of my migrated emails and the folder structures under the Inbox folder with the expected emails therein.

I have just added this account to Outlook 2013 on my PC as a POP3 connection and it has connected and sent the test email expected.  However in Outlook all of the emails have come through as unread in the Inbox folder NOT in the sub folders, in fact the sub-folders do not show at all.

Any idea why this could be happening?

Dear Keith,

Let me provide you a clear picture and you can decide which account you want to go with:

POP IMAP
1.   All  the emails will come in the   mailbox as unread Only the mails which are unread will be   shown as unread
2. This   synhronizes only your inbox This synchronizes all the mails in inbox   and subfolders
3. Any   folder created in POP account will not be visible under the webmail Here its vice versa that is if you   create folder in outlook it will be on webmail and if you create it on   Webmail its there on outlook as wel
4. You   can have a back copy of your data file All the mails are present on the server
5. This   will not to sync any phone or other email addresses This syncs to all devices. So if you   deleted a mail which you do not require from the outlook it will get deleted   from all devices
6.   In POP account the mails will come as soon as the account is configured In IMAP it would take time   to synchronize but once synced then it will work fine

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That's sorted it many thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Many thanks for clarifying that up IMAP is the one for me.  All done now

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm assuming the IMPAN sync is taking time as the sub folders are all there but are empty at present but checking they are fully populated when I check them via cPanel > Webmail

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm assuming the IMPAN sync is taking time as the sub folders are all there but are empty at present but checking they are fully populated when I check them via cPanel > Webmail

Do mark my post as helpful as it would help me and the other users as well.

thanks....

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2022 Views 9,446 Applies to: