I get the error "Cannot display the folder. Errors have been detected in the file . . . ncidata.com.pst.

I get the error "Cannot display the folder. Errors have been detected in the file . . . ncidata.com.pst" when I click on one folder in an account. Sometimes, when I click on the same folder, I get the message ". . . ncidata.com.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. Close any application that is using this file, and try again. You might need to restart your computer.

I have restarted the computer and I get the second message again!

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks.

|
Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Office Community and providing us an opportunity to assist you.

From description, I understand that you’re experiencing specified error while working in Outlook.

This error is due to corrupted Outlook data file and I will assist you to resolve it. 

Let’s use Inbox Repair tool to repair the corrupted Outlook data file and then working in Outlook and verify the result. Refer to the link below for instructions on how to use Inbox Repair tool:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272227

I hope the above information helps. Reply with the result and I’ll be glad to further assist you.

Thank You.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2021 Views 2,127 Applies to: