1&1 Outlook Connector problems

Hi everyone,

I am trying to migrate from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016. I'm using Office 365 Business on Windows 8.1 64 bits.

My email provider is 1&1. I configured my email in Outlook simply adding an account and letting the program configure the settings automatically. Everything was fine with the email except I was unable to sync my contacts and calendar as I did on Thunderbird. For the calendar, I could only import an .ics file into Outlook but not link my online calendar with Outlook (so if I create an event directly in my 1&1 agenda it doesn't appear in Outlook and vice versa).

I went on the 1&1 Help Center and installed the Outlook Connector following these steps: https://help.1and1.com/e-mail-and-office-c37589/1and1-mail-business-c85093/getting-started-c85137/download-the-1and1-mail-outlook-connector-for-1and1-mail-business-a730722.html

This kind of fixed my problem: the email, calendar and contacts were synced, but the sub folders in my mailbox are not synced anymore ...

I tried tweaking the options on the Outlook Connector, none of them were useful. I deleted the account synced with the Connector and tried reinstalling it.

I'm unable to uninstall / reinstall the Connector (it does not appear in the Control Panel, nor have I seen a folder in the Program Files or Office folders). I can only uninstall the Connector's updater. Even with the updater uninstalled, I get a message from the Connector prompting me to choose an account when I open Outlook (so I'm guessing it's still there). I can choose between these two options:

Since I deleted my synced 1&1 account, I get an error if I choose "1&1 MailXchange" and Outlook doesn't start. I can only open it choosing "Outlook".

I haven't found a way to reinstall the Connector: I get an error message during the reinstallation, even after downloading the installers .exe file again, restarting my computer, etc.

If someone could help to:

1. Remove the Outlook Connector completely
  2. Sync my 1&1 account on Outlook including my mailbox's sub folders.

I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance for your replies and suggestions.

Antoine

Answer
Answer

Hi Antoine,

Here are my suggestions to your questions:
1. Remove the Outlook Connector completely.
As the Outlook Connector is a third party application managed by 1&1 side, I would suggest you contact the support of 1&1 to help you remove it.
2. Sync my 1&1 account on Outlook including my mailbox's sub folders.
Generally, to add a third party mail account into the Outlook client, we can choose to add the account via IMAP mode which will let only the emails sync between the Outlook client and the third party email server. All the folders and subfolders will sync to the Outlook client. However, please note that the calendar and contacts will not sync to the Outlook client. Here are the steps:
1) When adding the account, choose Manual setup or additional server types.

2) Then choose POP or IMAP mode.

3) Type in the information as below:

Note: In the screenshot the Incoming mail server and Outgoing mail server are the samples and you should get these settings in 1&1 email service.
4) Then click More Settings and tick on ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) required authentication’ in the Outgoing Server page.

5) Change the Server Port Numbers as below in the Advanced page.

Regards,
Yang

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 11, 2019 Views 1,961 Applies to: