Recall with Mail Merge

Is it possible to recall emails sent through word's mail merge? I have tried recalling but I am not receiving the success notification that I do when I attempt to recall individual test emails. 
There was tech support spam posted to this thread. (Tim395) The post at Microsoft Community was deleted, but you may have received a copy of the spam in a Notification Email. Do not call whatever phone number was posted. It does not belong to Microsoft.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Aja Simpson Zulfiqar,

Thanks for posting in our forum. For your problem, my answer is yes. You can recall the email send via mail merge. However, the recipient have to be a user who has an Office 365 or Microsoft Exchange email account in the same organization as yours.

If you meet the requirements, you can refer to the article below to recall the message:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/recall-or-replace-an-email-message-that-you-sent-35027f88-d655-4554-b4f8-6c0729a723a0

If it doesn’t work for you, to better help you, I’d like to collect some detailed information as below for further investigation:

1.       What's the version of your Outlook? You can provide us a screenshot about your product information. (File > Office Account > Product Information)

2.       Can you see the email sent via mail merge in the sent items folder of Outlook?

3.       Can you make sure that the recipient hasn’t read the email?

Best Regards,

Huni

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Huni, 

1. Product is Office 365 ProPlus, version 1903

2. I can see them in my sent box

3. I cannot confirm who has opened it. However, I know that a good number have not just knowing my population and the lack of response. However, whenever I attempt to recall, the original email just has a note that says something like attempt to recall this message. But I don't get a message in my inbox confirming that the message was successfully recalled (like I did what I tested it on myself).

Please help!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Aja Simpson Zulfiqar,

As mentioned in this article, you can only recall the message from the mailboxes of the recipients who haven’t yet opened it. And the recipients must have an Office 365 or Microsoft Exchange email account in the same organization. If you have another account in the same Office 365 tenant, you can do a test yourself to check if you can successfully recall the message.

Best Regards,

Huni

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2021 Views 2,276 Applies to: