Outlook Hotmail Connector problems

For some unidentified reason, last week, my Windows Live account (converted from a very old @msn.com account) stopped syncing with Outlook 2010. It had been syncing successfully for years! I have read many support threads about such problems, but have failed to find an answer that works for me. One of the resolutions I tried was downloading the latest version of the Outlook Hotmail Connector and I noticed that the version number on the download page is 14.0.6123.5001, but the version number on the downloaded .exe file is 14.0.6119.5000 (i.e. an older version). Could this be what is causing my problem?

Additional notes:

I am running Outlook 2010 (as part of Office Professional 2010), Windows 8.1, all 32-bit, all fully updated.

I have tried deleting my @msn.com account from Outlook 2010, deleting Outlook Hotmail Connector, re-installing Outlook Hotmail Connector, re-adding my @msn.com email account, but it still won't sync.

I have also run a full anti-virus scan and a full malware scan, as suggested by some of the comments in the support threads.

I have also ensured that there are no large (>3Mb) attachments to any of my emails, again as suggested by some of the comments in the support threads.

I have also checked my folder hierarchy, also as suggested by some of the comments in the support threads, but it looks perfectly normal.

I haven't yet tried deleting Outlook 2010 and re-installing it. Should I try this?

The actual error message I get is "Error with Send/Receive. There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 80041004."

The strange thing is, I can still access my @msn.com account via Outlook.com and via my Windows Phone (which is running Windows Phone 8). However, I want to be able to access my emails via Outlook 2010, as this is the only way I know of to archive emails into my existing personal folders.

Question Info

Last updated February 15, 2018 Views 1,403 Applies to:
Answer

this issue is being discussed in several threads. 

Two work arounds have been identified in another thread.  Opening Internet Explorer tools, Internet Options, Advanced, under security, disable the Check for Publisher Certificate revocation and Check for server certificate revocation.  Option 2 is changing the computers date to May 1, 2014.  Both workarounds will permit Outlook to synch with Hotmail.  Still haven't heard from any Microsoft experts on the problem.

Brad

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.