Question

Q: Outlook 2016 synchronization with HTC One/HTC Sync Manager

Hello. I'm a long time user of Outlook and HTC Smartphones. Since the very beginning I've been synchronizing the E-mails, Contacts, Calendars, Task, etc., between my PC and my Smartphone, using the specific applications of HTC available at each version/terminal. Now I've just upgrade the Outlook 2013 version I' been using for the last months at my PC to the Outlook 2016, and from that moment on the synchronization that was working perfectly by means of the "HTC Sync Manager" with my HTC One with Android 5.0.2 is not working any longer as it was. The problem is specifically with Contacts and Calendars, performing still OK with the Gallery and Music. I've re-install several times the latest version (3.1.64.0) of the HTC Sync Manager, but it is still not working. The message I get on the HTC Sync Manager is "Cannot synchronize. Connect your device again. Error [512]". 

I'm a little desperate because I've working for many years using the Outlook as my global organization tool, and by synchronizing with my smartphone I always have my Appointments, Contacts, E-mails, etc., updated with me when I´m traveling or out the office. 

I'll really appreciate advice on this. :)

Answer

A:

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I would like to know if the sync software is compatible with outlook 2016.

Outlook always plays a passive role when syncing with a handheld device since it doesn’t include any feature to control sync settings. All sync settings need to be adjusted using the software which acts as an interface to connect the handheld device with Outlook. However, you may verify the time settings on Outlook to ensure that it matches with the other devices.

Also for more information on synchronization between Outlook and your device, it would be best if you post your query on the device manufacturer's forum for better suggestions.

Hope this information helps you. Please let us know if you need additional information.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,605 Last updated: May 13, 2018 Applies to: