Outlook 2016 Login Failure

I have an intermittent and frequent problem in logging in to BT Yahoo Mail - login failures which result in timeouts on the mail server and the need to change my password to rectify. BT say this is a Microsoft problem and recommend deleting and reinstating account - which I have done - with no success.

Any ideas

Answer
Answer

Hello Roger,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Since you have tried the basic steps in Outlook, let us check if this issue is happening due to a corrupt Profile in Outlook 2016.

You may setup your BT Yahoo email account in a new Outlook Profile and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Create a new Outlook Profile following the steps from the article below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

After creating the new Outlook Profile, setup your BT Yahoo email account, automatically or manually - in the new Profile.

Once the account is setup allow Outlook 2016 to complete the download/synchronization. If you are using IMAP settings for your BT Yahoo account it may take a few minutes or a few hour or 24-36 hours to complete synchronization depending on the amount of emails in your email account. This is similar to the initial sync during first account setup.

Once the above process has completed, check if you are able to resolve your login issue with your BT Yahoo email account in Outlook 2016.

Try the above steps and let us know the result.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 14, 2022 Views 1,355 Applies to: