Your account settings are out of date

Hi,

Last couple of days, We have been getting "Your account settings are out of date" messages on multiple devices.

Its happening on the mail app for desktop & phones. Re entering the password or hitting fix account & adding all the details again does nothing.

Found this article here.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Your-account-settings-are-out-of-date-4484de9e-66b2-46a9-8459-6ca1fcc110b4?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

No account changes (password/configuration changes) have been made recently. It was working perfectly till yesterday.

Vijay.

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Hi Vijay,

Your account settings are out-of-date can be caused by out of sync time and date. Go to Date and Time under Settings and manually set the date to 2018, the save. After that, sync your mail and check if it works. Change the date back to 2017. For reference, you can check NewbieOneKnobi's post and other posts in this thread that many community members find helpful.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your reply Erika.

These kind of solution works if it is happening on on device. I am having this issue on my laptop & my Windows phone app. I can try this for me but there are at least 7-8 others (some with IOS) with the same issue. I cannot go about changing the year on each & every device in our company setup.

Hope you guys can find a real solution to this issue. I am sure a lot more people are facing this issue.

Vijay.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We appreciate that you mentioned that it's a company setup. We highly recommend you contacting your company IT Administrator to have an accurate explanation. Can you verify if you and your office mates are using Office 365 for Business?

We look forward to your response.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is a company setup but not in a traditional sense. We do not have an IT administrator.

Couple of us are based in Bangalore & the rest are in Gurgaon. One of them uses iPhone & Mac.

We are currently using office 365 Home excluding the person using apple. For her its just an email configured on her phone & laptop.

Vijay.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We understand. Open Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region > Date and Time > Internet Time. Uncheck Synchronize with an Internet time server and set your system time manually.

See if the Fix account button works now. If the issue persists, we suggest doing the thread given on the previous post for all Windows users. Share your knowledge with your colleagues after troubleshooting your device.

For a non-Windows device, we recommend that you create a post in the correct thread forum category because they have a different configuration with Windows devices.

If you have other inquiries, don't hesitate to post back.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 2, 2023 Views 14,406 Applies to: