Single sign on issue

I have logged in with my office 365 account (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) on browser. One of my colleague urgently wanted to send email from my system. So he logged off my account and signed in with his account (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) on www.office.com and clicked the outlook thumbnail and sent his Email. But unfortunately, the browser didn't logoff (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) and mail sent from my account. 

Is it an issue?

Thanks,

Arjun R.

Answer
Answer
Hi Arjun,

You may try to clear/reset the browser cache/cookies to check this issue. 

Moreover, if you would like to sign in to two different Office 365 accounts on the same computer at the same time (within same browser), please use the InPrivate/Incognito browsing session.

E.g. Internet Explorer:

1. Open Internet Explorer to log into one Office 365 account such as “user1@contoso.com”.
2. Click Tools from the top toolbar and click InPrivate Browsing while hovering over the Safety option. This can also be achieved by simultaneously pressing Ctrl+ Shift+P key.
3. After the InPrivate Browsing window opens, log into your second Office 365 account such as “user2@contoso.com”.

Or you can also use two different browsers such as (latest Chrome and Firefox) to sign in to two different Office 365 accounts.

Your time and understanding will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Shyamal
---------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 283 Applies to: