Outlook Vacation calendar

I am trying to create a shared out of office calendar for a group of 15 employees. We have already shared our calendars with each other, but it is cumbersome to truly get a feel for those out of the office at a quick glance, since there can be so many different appointments on the calendars. Coding a vacation appointment as "out of office" is helpful in that it gives a visual cue when sorting through all of the appointments but it is not helpful enough. In the past we have setup a separate shared PTO calendar, but these appointments were independent on their personal calendars which required the creation of a 2nd appointment and required that it be updated in the case of changes. I would like a vacation calendar that is tethered to the employees vacation appointment on their personal calendar, but also a calendar that just shows those who are on vacation without all of the clutter of their other appointments. I do not want to use another program to accomplish this as it would probably be simpler to go back to our old system. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?

Hi Ray McKinney,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community. We will try our best to help you here and provide possible information from our end in the forum community.

According to your mentioned description about “Outlook Vacation calendar”, at present we can create a Group calendar and we can schedule out-of-office event into the created Group calendar. When group members check the group calendar, they'll see the dates you're out. Below are some detailed information article for the reference purpose:

1. Create a Group calendar

2. Block out vacation time on a group calendar

If we misunderstand anything wrong, please correct us and provide us some updated information or screenshot so we can further provide you information accordingly.

Regards,
Darpan

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The instructions that you sent show how to share calendars and view all of the calendars at one time.  I do not want to view all at the same time.  There is too much information to view at one time.  I want a separate calendar (that all employees can view) that shows their vacation time and is linked to the vacation appointment that they entered on their own calendar.  Is there something out there that will work for us?

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In my team we use a meeting configuration. Where invite all team members and person that is involved in the project o working with the team member to be in PTO.

The following set are included:

1. Show As, select Free.

2. Next to Reminder, select None.

3. Select the All day event.

4. Make Recurring: Set all the days when the team member is OFF.

5. Select Save and Close. If you've included group members on the invitation, you'll select Send instead.

My team is distributed between Argentina, Brazil and Colombia but works with people distributed in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, EEUU, Ecuador, Perú, Chile, Mexico. With different time zones, and Vacations Periods. This works fine for us, after all team member can see in his calendar:

This no disturb all meeting from team member and can see the vacation period from team members.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 16, 2024 Views 3,756 Applies to: