outlook keeps repeating notifications of old or already read emails.

a user here has the problem that every time that a new email comes in on outlook (office365) he gets a ton of notifications of old and already read emails. and this is really irritating for the user. truning it of is no option cause he wants the notifications.

Hi Matthijs1808,

Please try to repair Office installation in Control Panel: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/repair-an-office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b (Note: if the repair fails, please don't use the easy fix tool to uninstall your Office).

Moreover, please open Outlook in safe mode and check if the issue persists: Hold Ctrl key and double click Outlook shortcut to start it in safe mode.

Besides, I'd like to gather more information to narrow down the possible cause of it.

1.By "notification", you mean the desktop alert next to the taskbar, correct?

2.Please provide Outlook version: File>Office Account, it's like Version XXXX (Build XXXX.XXXX).

3.Please also provide Windows version. Type about your PC in search bar, then please check both Version and OS build.

4.To check whether it’s a client issue, add another test account in Outlook and check if the notification will prompt for the emails in that account. Or add your affected account to anther PC's Outlook client if convenient.

Regards,

Leo

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Matthijs1808,

Have you checked my reply? Please feel free to share any updates.

Regards,

Leo 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue, plus a number of others in my office.  Hardly think it has anything to do with repairing anything.

I always run the latest software, including the OS.  Whenever you read this, just assume it's the latest version of all things Microsoft. 

There is a bug in the software. 

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 27, 2020 Views 7,008 Applies to: