Outlook for Office 365 Ribbon Icons

I have been trying to figure out why the ribbon area in Outlook has changed. It used to look like this:

When I started outlook today it now looks like this:

Anyone have an idea what happened and how to change it back? Any help would be appreciated.

>>
Anyone have an idea what happened and how to change it back? Any help would be appreciated.
<<

Those are the new Ribbon icons and unfortunately there's no option to revert back.
Karl

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi CWS Tech,

As Karl mentioned, the new look of ribbon icons is released in Version 1809 (Build 10827.20084) or higher. And there's no options to change it back. If you still prefer to use the old look, we recommend you submit your feedback in Outlook UserVoice website. We kindly appreciate for your time and understanding.

Regards,

Marvin

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"Modern" design team strikes again.  Meanwhile the massive amount of wasted vertical space gets finally gets addressed... by a new "collapsed" ribbon tray which still manages to waste significant vertical space and has very few functions taking up the entire bar in jumbo width for each.  If I could customize it like I did my Custom Tab, it might be ok...but you can't AFAIK.  Ugh.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Sean Stran,

Thank you for your sharing. And if you have further good ideas about the design of new look, we recommend you share your thoughts with the development team in our UserVoice website. With the effort of customers like you, Outlook will become better and better. Your time and understanding are highly appreciated.

Regards,

Marvin

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can't, user voice requires pulling personal data permissions from my corporate account that my organization doesn't allow.  Perhaps if MS wasn't constantly trying to mine data in every one of their products I could submit some feedback to you more readily.  BTW that's one of those things that will fall on deaf ears.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 2,462 Applies to: