Outlook 365 - Delay sending e-mail | Manage Rules & Alerts

Hello,

I want to enter a script that will allow me to delay the send/receive of an e-mail with the additional caveat that when I hit the send button I can still send an e-mail right away.

I currently have set a rule to delay sending e-mail by 1 minute.   Sometimes, however, I want to hit the send button and send it right away.  Because of the rule setup, however, the e-mail will remain in the outbox for the designated time.

Is there a way to write a script or edit the rule such that pushing the send/receive will override the 1 minute delay?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Answer
Answer

Hi Beer,

I understand that you set a rule to delay sending emails by one minute. Then, every emails you sent will be delayed sending since this rule. However, you want some email could be sent immediately when you click Send. For this need, we have no such rule or option to override previous rule (one minute delay). As a workaround, if you decide later that you want to send the message immediately, do the following:

1. In Mail, in the folder pane, click the Outbox folder.
  2. Open the delayed message.
  3. Click Options.
  4. In the More Options group, click Delay Delivery.
  5. Under Delivery options, clear the Do not deliver before check box.
  6. Click Close.
  7. Click Send.

For above rule or option to override the previous rule, we would also love to hear your thought or comment to Outlook uservoice, our related team will be happy to hear from you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Richard

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 9, 2023 Views 4,792 Applies to: