"onmicrosoft" email

I'm trying out O365 premium before buying and it's been a bit of a pain so far , the problem i have is i seem to have the "onmicrosoft" email address as the main address in outlook and my own domain name inbox futhether down the tree , how do i delete/hide the "onmicrosoft" one.....i cant move it or rearrange it in outlook and i certainly don't want to have to keep expanding the correct one i just want that as the only one to show in outlook.

Should i delete my correct user account and set it up as an alias to the "onmicrosoft" one or is there something else i can do.

Cheers

Steve

|

Hi Steve,

From the description, I understand there are two folder structures in Outlook, one is onmicrosoft account, the other is your own domain account. 

Please go to File> Info> drop down Account Settings> Account settings> set the own domain account as default.

If there is any misunderstanding, please provide a screenshot of the folder structure in Outlook.

Regards,

Hans

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Hans

Only the "onmicrosoft" accounts shows in settings , i've tried several times to add a new account but it just goes into the asking for "password" loop  , i've verified my domain but still no luck , here the pic of the folder structure with the "onmicrosoft" one at the top and then the correct one under it albeit just my name

Cheers

Steeve

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Steeve,

Based on my experience, you didn’t change your UPN (user principal name) after you added your custom domain. Please refer to the “Change a user’s email address” section of this article to change it and reconfigure your email account in the Outlook client.

Note: You need to use an Office 365 admin account to sign in Office 365 Admin Portal.

Regards,

Barry

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Barry

I can't change anything for the primary email address as thats the  "onmicrosoft" one , should i add my chosen one as an alias to this and delete the correct user account .

Please keep it mind that i'm not a IT member and just a normal everyday user.

Here's a pic of the users in the admin panel , the one i want to use is the bottom one.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Steve,

OK. I fully understand your situation. You have two Office 365 users in your organization. Steve@domain.onmicrosoft.com and Steve@domain.com. Since these two accounts are different accounts, you are unable to change the Steve@domain.onmicrosoft.com account’s alias to Steve@domain.com.

If you want to use Steve@domain.com as your UPN, you need to check if anybody has control permission of the Steve@domain.com account (Check if you can get the owner permission of this account) and make sure you backed up the data in this specific email account.

After that, you can decide whether to use Steve@domain.com or Steve@domain.onmicrosoft.com. If you want to use the second one, you need to delete the original Stevet@domain.com account and add it as an alias to Steve@domain.onmicrosoft.com account.

Regards,

Barry

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Steve,

Do you need any other help?

Regards,

Barry

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 24, 2021 Views 87,697 Applies to: