Office 365 Outlook "Something went wrong. We weren't able to register your device and add your account to Windows."

This is the second pc that I received the error. I have tried all the fix from reinstalling office to editing registry. I even got Microsoft support on the problematic PC and they couldn't figure it out. This happens to the PC in my office after joining them to the domain and migrating their local account to domain account.

We had to recreate local account and transfer all the data back. And hasn't had any problem since.

Now another laptop is having the same issue and is on Domain.

Hi SoloLay12,

Based on your description, when you add your office 365 account to the windows and you received the error. First please make sure you have enter the correct logon credential ( account and password). For windows you can try to clean your office 365 account  credential through the windows credential manager and then try to re-add your office 365 account to windows and check if the issue disappears. For more information, please refer to Accessing Credential Manager.

Moreover, according to the error message, it is more likely related to your organization policies. You can try to contact your admin of office 365 accounts and confirm if he did any changes in office 365 admin center then may cause this issue.

If the issue persists, I’d like to collect some more information for further investigation:

1.       If other users in your organization have the same issue as you now?

2.       How do you add your office 365 account ( domain ) to your windows, please share the details steps to me. Some screenshots will be better.

Regards,

Oliver

-----------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi SoloLay12,

I am monitoring this thread by now. Do you need any further assistance? If so, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sylvie

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 980 Applies to: