How do i set up my icloud email with outlook on windows

I am having issues getting outlook to sync with my icloud email. 
Answer
Answer

It eventually dawned on me the icloud.com email address has the

2-step verification process by default now. To resolve issue go to this url https://appleid.apple.com/signin and login your with your apple id/icloud account. Look for a place to "Generate an APP specific key code"  Fill in the name of just for your reference for example outlook and press key to continue. A key code will be generated that looks like   rtve-xxxg-letm-einr  .    This time when following the procedure for this thread put the key that was generated in place of your password. 

594 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Jason Beauchamp,

Thanks for your post.

If you want to add your iCloud email account to Outlook client, please make sure you get the latest version of Outlook at first, then follow the steps bellow:

• Open the Microsoft Outlook program on your computer;
  • Tap on the File menu;
  • From the File menu, go to Info>Add Account;
  • On the Add Account wizard, click on the tick button for Manual setup or additional server types;
  • Choose the Pop or IMAP service;
  • Enter your Name and your iCloud email address;
  • In the Account Type, choose IMAP;
  • In the Incoming mail server, input:  imap.mail.me.com;
  • In the Outgoing mail server, input: smtp.mail.me.com;
  • In the Logon Information, input your iCloud username and password. You do not need to put the suffix, @icloud.com on your username. However, if there is an error encountered, try to put your full email address and see if it fixes the problem;
  • Put a check mark on Remember password and Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA);
  • Click on More Settings;
  • On the General tab, input the name of your account. You can choose any name that you want as this tab does not affect the connection in any way;
  • On the Outgoing Server tab, put a check mark on My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication;
  • Still on the Outgoing Server tab, click on the tick mark for Use same settings as my incoming mail server;
  • On the Advanced tab, enter 993 on Incoming server (IMAP) then choose an SSL connection from the drop-down box;
  • Still on the Advanced tab, enter 587 on Outgoing server (SMTP) then choose Auto connection from the drop-down box. Leave every other options as they are;
  • Click on OK when you are done;
  • Tap on Next to test the settings and configurations;
  • The test will show a completed incoming and outgoing test. Tap on Close;
  • You are all set. Tap on the Finish button.

Please carefully check the steps above, if you have any other concerns about using Office 365, please let us know, we’d like to offer our further help.

Regards,

Jason

127 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2021 Views 165,375 Applies to: