Can't login to my outlook desktop application

I'm able to log in to outlook on my phone and in a browser, but am unable to access the desktop application. When I enter my email and password, it says "adding" with a spinning wheel, and then prompts me for my email and password again. Then I finally receive the error message "Something went wrong and Outlook couldn't set up your account. Please try again. If the problem continues, contact your email administrator."

Hi CaitAd,

Thank you for the posting in our forum community.

Based on your case description, we suppose that you are using Office 365 email account and trying to setup in Outlook desktop application, if so, in this given situation, at once we suggest you to try to setup your Office 365 email account by using SaRA tool, it can help you to setup your email account.

kindly download this SaRA tool, sign in with your Office 365 work or school account and select Outlook related topic, such as "I can't setup my Office 365 email in Outlook". 

The Support and Recovery Assistant tool will run a series of diagnostic tests on your computer. If any of the tests fails, it will provide suggested solutions to get your problem solved.

To download and install the tool, click the following link: Download Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365 or Outlook

For more information about the tool, see Automatically diagnose and fix Outlook issues.

If the issue persist, further to narrow down the issue, we would like to collect you below information from your side for further analysis and assistant.

1. Could you please provide us detailed steps or screenshot about "how did you try to setup email account into Outlook desktop application?

2. Kindly provide us detailed error screenshot about "Something went wrong and Outlook couldn't set up your account".

3. Can we confirm that "whether you can login to other Office desktop applications, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel? 

4. Meanwhile, can we confirm that whether you have logged in into Office with your Office 365 email account into 5 devices before?

5. Does this issue has happened with other users in the organization?

Kindly provide us above information as per your convenient time so we can further assist you accordingly.

Regards,
Darpan
* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi CaitAd,

Do you need any further help?

Kindly feel free to contact us and provide us above some mentioned information so we can further help you accordingly. We are truly appreciating your cooperation in our forum community.

Regards,

Darpan

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 9, 2023 Views 1,802 Applies to: