In Outlook 365 - How do I change password for my email account with third party provider - you have removed password field from account settings "change" screen ??

I use Office 365 .. and Outlook to manage three email accounts with different third party service providers (different servers) … neither of which is outlook mail  … I have changed my email account password with these vendors .... and cant seem to change the server password in outlook in the same way as before.

In previous outlook versions I could change the server account password by editing a field on the change window (via account settings) -  as illustrated in your helpful tip here > (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Change-or-update-your-email-password-58b62e89-6a9b-467b-8865-d5633fcacc3f#bkmk_outlookpwd)

Problem is - you've taken this field away in your new look less functional change window - in outlook 365 ….. WHY ?????

Can you please advise how I change my email accounts' server passwords …. without deleting the account and re-establishing a new email account … which I anticipate will mean in this reset process that I lose all emails from that account which are not held by my service provider on their server  … which as you can appreciate will be approximately 90 days.

Why would you make such a bonkers upgrade in 365 - its a downgrade - reducing flexibility and wasting all of our time …. I noticed that your answers to some similar enquiries demonstrated a similar lack of proficiency on your part … not a poorly specified question on the part of the enquirer... poor form Microsoft

Can I have a clear and precise answer please which works.

Thank you.

Within MS Outlook, File>Account Settings>Manage Profiles

Or

With OL closed via the mail applet in the Control Panel>Email accounts

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi:
You could update your password from Outlook directly:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

>>
Can you please advise how I change my email accounts' server passwords …. without deleting the account and re-establishing a new email account
<<

Two ways to get to the exact same place in terms of getting to the old Settings UI

#1 - From within Outlook
File --> Account Settings --> Manage Profiles --> Email Accounts button --> select email account --> click on <Change>

#2 - With Outlook closed
Open the Control Panel <Mail> app --> Email Accounts button --> select email account --> click on <Change>
Karl

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2024 Views 2,570 Applies to: