Security Alert Microsoft apps & services was granted access to your Google Account

Why is Microsoft suddenly forcing access to my gmail account from my laptop outlook. This just started on the 31st. 

Security Alert Microsoft apps & services was granted access to your Google Account allowing Microsoft to do whatever it wants with my email. If I don't allow then I can no longer use Outlook for Gmail. 

I do not wish Microsoft to have access to my account however do want to use Outlook with my Gmail as I have for the past decades. I experienced this request when first downloading outlook for mobile. This is the very reason I cancelled the download for mobile. However this is a first for laptop. 

How to get around this?

Answer
Answer
Dear Kevin,

I am an independent advisor, and I am trying to help other users in Community with my experience in Microsoft products.

This is not because of Microsoft changes, it was Google that made the changes and now you are getting this pop up. I had the same experience. Go to account settings and change the "imap.gmail.com" and "smtp.gmail.com" to "imap.googlemail.com" and "smtp.googlemail.com" and it should be working fine.

Please share the results.
Regards,
LA
***I'm an independent advisor and I don't work for Microsoft***

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2024 Views 2,105 Applies to: