Outlook 2016 Windows 10 Desktop Notifications Not Working

Hello,

I am trying to find a resolution to this issue I am having with a user. The user is setup on Outlook 2019 on Windows 10, and is not receiving a desktop popup message when receiving new mail. Please advise that the user does not have any rules setup in their client.

Here are the things I have tried:

1. I confirmed that the following boxes are checked.

2. I unchecked the below boxes, closed Outlook, reopened Outlook and re-enabled the below options.

3. I confirmed that the Outlook 2019 Notifications are enabled through Windows (Start > Settings > Systems > Notifications)

4. I opened Outlook 2019 in safe mode with all notification settings enabled and sent a test email, still no desktop popup message box.

5. Removed the users profile from the Outlook 2019 client, closed outlook, reopened, and re-added the profile to the Outlook client.

6. I tested the issue also by adding the users profile on a different computers Outlook client, in which the notifications DID work. This makes me believe that the issue is isolated to the users computer/Outlook client settings.

I've not had any desktop pop alert for years under 365, the Outlook icon on the task bar does however show an envelope icon when new mail is received (MS Outlook has to be running)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello CA,

I am an independent advisor willing to help you!

Please check for operative system updates and install the available updates.
Also check for office updates.
Restart the computer and if the notifications still without work, you can reset outlook settings: close outlook, open run windows by clicking windows key + R and open outlook with cmdlet outlook /restore.
You can test creating a new outlook profile and if still without work, I suggest to create a new windows profile then configure outlook for the user and test the notifications again.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
Liliana De Freitas

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I figured the issue out. In Windows 10, when you click the lower right notification button, there is a settings option for "Focus Assist". When this is enabled, no notifications regardless of application will appear (except if you have it on "Alarms Only").

See below.

1. With Focus Assist on and in the "Alarms Only" option. You will not receive notifications from applications except alarms.

2. With Focus Assist Off, you will receive notifications.

23 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 19, 2021 Views 4,295 Applies to: