Something went wrong - unable to add new accounts Outlook 2016

Hi.

I noticed this when i went to try and add a new email account, i got a message "Something went wrong"

"Something went wrong and Outlook couldn’t set up your account. Please try again. If the problem continues, contact your email administrator."

RETRY or CHANGE ACCOUNT TYPE

Nether worked and each time i tried i was left with a redundant email account in Outlook that didnt work and could not be deleted. I put up with this for a while and then urgently needed to setup a new email account and remembered this issue which is still happening.

I googled around a bit and everyone seemed to suggest the best fix would be to create a new profile and start again, i did this and the same happened. I have also tried "quick repair" and full repair which reinstalled Office. Each time i tried this (i have been on this for some hours) i was able to succesfully create the first email account which works fine but not a second. I have about 6 to create and am relying on my phone now so urgently need help with this if possible please.

I am using Office Pro plus 2016 with Windows 10 - i have checked for updates and none are available

thanks

Answer
Answer

What type of mail accounts do you wish to add?

Have you tried to add mail accounts via the Control Panel>Mail applet?

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 20, 2020 Views 15,669 Applies to: