Problems with Outlook 2016 and Reagan.com email settings/syncing

I am having a very difficult time with syncing my Reagan.com email account with Outlook 2016. I am using two email accounts with Outlook 2016, one being the Reagan.com account and a Yahoo.com account. I am having no problems with the Yahoo.com account, but I am having a very difficult time with the Reagan.com account. Do you have a list of settings for manual configuration for Reagan.com ?

|

Hi Russ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Office Community.

To set up Outlook 2016 for IMAP, perform the following steps:

1. In Outlook, select FILE>Add Account>Manual setup or additional server types>POP or IMAP.
  2. Enter following information:
  •  Your Name—Enter your first and last name.
  •  E-mail Address—Enter your entire email address (e.g., *** Email address is removed for privacy ***).
  •  User Name—Enter your entire email address (e.g., *** Email address is removed for privacy ***). Password—Enter the password for your email account.
  •  If you want Outlook to check for email without prompting you to enter your password, check the Remember password box.
  •  Incoming mail server (IMAP)—Enter the secure server name: secure.emailsrvr.com
  •  Outgoing mail server (SMTP)—Enter the secure server name: secure.emailsrvr.com

3. Click the More Settings button then click the Outgoing Server tab.

4. Select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box. Leave the default setting, Use same settings as my incoming mail server.

5. Click the Advanced tab and select the first This server requires a secure connection (SSL) check box.

6. In the Incoming server (IMAP) box, enter the secure incoming port: 993

7. Select the second This server requires a secure connection (SSL) check box.

8. In the Outgoing server (SMTP) box, enter the secure outgoing port: 465.

9. Click the OK button then click the Next button, and lastly click the Finish button.

Hope the above information helps. Try the suggestions and let me know the result at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you have a list of settings for manual configuration for Reagan.com ?

Did you pose the question to reagan.com support, the email service provider in this case, who would be the first line of information for what any settings should be?

Doing a quick search - this is their info as it applies to configuring an Imap account  for OL'2010  which is equally applicable to OL'2016 (or any version of Outlook for that matter) 

Support - Outlook 2010 IMAP
https://www.reagan.com/t/support-outlook-2010-imap

Karl Timmermans [Outlook MVP 2012-2018]
http://www.contactgenie.info

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you all!

Vardhaman,  your instructions were quite helpful, and after a few minutes,  my problems have been solved.

Karl, I had contacted Reagan.com and their people were very helpful. I did follow their instructions, but I had several problems, not with their data, but with my system. I simply the problem sit over night, and approached it with a new day. My system underwent several updates,  and with the data provided within the community (both Microsoft and Reagan.com) the problem was solved.

Thank you again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 2, 2021 Views 798 Applies to: