I am using Outlook 2016 on a windows 10 computer. single user, no other computers. when I attempt to search in email or contacts, I get the message that something went wrong and the search failed. Sometimes, in email, the search gets populated after
an excessively long wait. Sometimes nothing happens. In contacts, nothing happens, even after a long wait. There were no other changes to my computer or my identity. Older version worked perfectly and very fast! what can I do other than trying to remove
3. Run SCANPST.exe. Open your Outlook > Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to open Task Manager > Under processes tab, right click on Outlook.exe > Open File Location > This location contains SCANPST.exe which you should double clikc to run
4. Disable Anti-virus temporarily.
5. There is a possibility that some Add-in is causing the problem. To rule this out, start Outlook in safe mode. Hold CTRL key and click on Outlook icon. Don't leave CTRL key, till it asks for the confirmation about safe mode.
6. Login to Windows with a new profile to rule out problem in Windows profile.
7. Right click on Outlook icon and run as Administrator.