SPF Record Added to DNS

I have our Office 365 email hosted by GoDaddy. The domain name is jean******.com

I have a CRM (contact relationship manager) hosted by Top Producer that sends out emails as "<name>@jeansco****.com. The domain of their mail servers are:
206.131.***.60           smtp1.toppr****.com
206.131.***.61           smtp2.toppr****.com
206.131.***.62           smtp3.toppr****.com
etc... 

I'm getting emails bounced to due it failing SPF verification, for example, 
"206.131.****.64 is not allowed to send mail from jeans******.com". and 
http://www.openspf.org/Why?scope=mfrom;identity=tom@jeansc*****.com;ip=206.131.***.64

Top Producer tech support recommended adding the following to the DNS record:
v=spf1 MX include:secure***.net ip4:2**.131.18*.0/25 ip4:2**.131.***.100/28 include:toppr****r.com include:move.com include:topmark***r.net -all

I think I should replace secur******.net and the ip address with jeanscot*****.com and the IP address of the Office 365 mail server. Is that correct? 

When I go to the domain records > Add > TXT > I have two fields, Host and TXT value. How do I add this SPF record? 

Thank you, 

Answer
Answer

Hi Thomas,

I understand that the emails sent from <name>@jeansco****.com (host by Top Producer) to your Office 365 account whose domain name is jean******.com are bounced. If yes, the SPF record v=spf1 MX include:secur*****.net ip4:206.131.1**.0/25 ip4:206.131.1**.100/28 include:toppr****r.com include:move.com include:topmark***r.net -all Top Producer tech support recommended should be added to the DNS provider Top Producer, not Office 365 domain. As SPF is used to validate outbound email sent from sender’s domain, and after adding it to the sender’s domain, the receiver side can identity it to prevent spoofing.

Please let me know if there are any misunderstanding.

Thanks,

Amanda

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 250 Applies to: