• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question

resetnavpane command

Tom STC asked on

I cannot open MS 2010 Outlook.  The alert tells me that that there is invalid XML and the view cannot be loaded. I tried using the command outlook.exe/resetnavpane but it tells me that Windows cannot find outlook.exe/resetnavpane.  Suggestions?

16 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Anula D'Souza replied on

Ensure there is a space between ‘Outlook.exe’ and ‘/’. The command is Outlook.exe /resetnavpane.

If resetting the navigation pane does not fix the issue then you may create a new profile and check if Outlook works fine in new profile. If Outlook works fine in new profile then the corruptions in old profile might be the cause for the issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

21 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress