Outlook 2010 ERROR "Cannot expand folder. Internet Mail is not registered properly. Re-Install and try again"

I keep getting this error message when I am opening my Outlook after installing the newest copy of Office Professional Plus 2010. "Cannot expand folder. Internet Mail is not registered properly. Re-Install and try again." I even uninstalled and reinstalled the program and I still get the same message.

When I go into Outlook so that I can update the files it does not give me access to any of the features so that I can add a new account or edit accounts. None of the features in under File are able to be used? I am able to see them and click on them and nothing comes up?

Again I have uninstalled and re-installed about 5 times now and it is doing the same thing. How can I correct this problem? Yes I did have another Outlook program on the system before I installed the newest Office professional plus program, and I did uninstall it as well before even downloading the new Office program.

Here is the Message I am getting again"Cannot expand folder. Internet Mail is not registered properly. Re-Install and try again"

Please help me with this problem!!
Answer
Answer

You're going to need to delete your profile and recreate it then. Go into the Control Panel, change to Classic View. Then open the mail applet, click on Show Profiles, and delete what's there.

Then start over by creating a new Outlook profile. When you do, it should create a new PST file for you.

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm 

Once you accomplish that, post back and we can go over how to open your existing PST file and move the data into the new file.

Feel better soon!

Kathleen http://kathleenorlandoutlookmvp.blogspot.ca

111 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 26, 2023 Views 34,057 Applies to: