Outlook 2007 Archive error Error while archiving store "Personal Folders".

I am a longtime user of outlook 2007 (windows Vista) and have archived many times.  When I tried to Archive today, I got this error:

Error while archiving store "Personal Folders". Problems with the source store Personal Folders. Cannot add Outlook-specific information to the store.

I have tried a number of things including running Microsoft Fixit, although I'm not sure that really ran.  I don't seem to have Scanpst,exe on my computer.

My Outlook has two Personal Folders folders - one for me and one for my husband.  This is a longstanding situation and hasn't interfered with Archiving before.

I have 3 Archive psts -- Archive.pst, Archive1.pst, Archive2.pst. One of these was the result of an import of old emails from another computer.

I have tried Archiving to each one of these with the same error result.

I haven't serached for Kb2412171 which some others have indicated may be related to this problem, but that looks like a Kb that wouldn't be recent enough to have caused this problem.

Also I have made no changes to the Outlook setup or to users.

Thanks for any insight.

Marj Weir

Question Info

Last updated May 28, 2018 Views 3,113 Applies to:
Answer

When I closed and reopened Outlook it reported that the Outlook.pst file had not been closed properly and repaired the problem itself.  So I can archive again.

I do not know why the file should have been closed improperly. I haven't received any updates that rebooted my system automatically in the last couple of days.

However, I shall not argue with success.

Marj Weir

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.