Microsoft office outlook cannot sign or encrypt this message because you have no certificates...

The message I get when trying to send an email from various places is "Microsoft Office Outlook cannot sign or encrypt this message becvause you have no certificates which can be used to send from the email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.
Do either of the following:  Get a new digital ID to use with this account or use the accounts button to send using an account that I have certificates for.
I have never had to deal with digital ID's or certificates and have no idea what they are or what they are used for.
So I did go into Microsoft office and buy a digital certificate through Global Sign and now when I send message everything goes through as an attachment not just an email message.
I use my computer for my small business and I need to be able to send "normal" emails to people.  Please help!
Thank you
Kate
Answer
Answer

Open Outlook and click on Tools > Trust Center > Email Security > ensure both the following options are unchecked:

·         Encrypt content and attachments for outgoing messages

·         Add digital signatures to outgoing messages

Click on Tools > Trust Center > Trusted Publisher > delete the digital signature(s) if it is available in the list

Guruprasad Ra, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.
• We appreciate your participation in MS Forums, Help us understand your needs better. To share your valuable Feedback please Click here.

100 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 2, 2023 Views 57,013 Applies to: