I deleted an email account in Outlook 2010 but the account still shows up in the left pane and is still the default user account

I deleted an email account in Outlook 2010 but the account with all of it's subfolders still show in the left pane of the main email screen. The account does not show up in the Accounts Settings screen. How do I delete this account and all of it's subfolders from the left pane window? also, though it does not show up in user accounts anymore it is still the default email account and will not let me change that either. help!

Question Info

Last updated November 13, 2019 Views 17,740 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
How many email accounts and personal folders are currently present in Outlook?

To check number of email accounts configured:

Open Outlook > Click on File > Account settings.

To check number of personal folders or data files in Outlook:

Open Outlook > Click on File > Account settings > Data files.

In case you have removed a POP account from the Outlook, the data file associated with the account will not be removed automatically.

We have to close the data file by right clicking on it. In case this personal folder is set as default personal folder, then you may not be able to close it. You must set a different data file as default data file and then close it.

Open Outlook > Click on File > Account settings > Data files > Choose a new data file > Click on default > Select the problem data file and click on remove.

49 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.