It is possible to export quick steps and then import the quick steps to another account in the Outlook client using
MFCMAPI tool. Here are the steps:
1. Export quick steps into msg files:
1) Open MFCMAPI, and choose: Session-> Logon.
2) Select the mail profile for which you want to back up its Quick Steps.
3) Double click on the mailbox for which you want to back up the Quick Steps.
4) In the Navigation Pane on the left, expand the folder list called “Root – Mailbox” or “Root Container”.
5) Expand the folder list called “Top Information Store”, “IPM_SUBTREE” or “Top of Outlook data file”, and you would see the Quick Step Settings folder.
6) Right click on the Quick Step Settings folder and choose: Export folder-> As MSG files…
7) Enable both “Save associated items” and “Save as Unicode MSG”, click OF, and then select a location to store these quick steps msg files.
2. Import quick steps msg files into another account:
1) Follow step 1) to 3) above to navigate to the new account.
2) Right click on Quick Steps Settings folder and choose: Open associated contents table.
3) From the menu bar, select: Folder-> Import-> From MSG, select the saved msg files above, and then click OK to import.
17 people found this reply helpful
Was this reply helpful?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for your feedback.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.