Question

Q: Error code 4201 and 8de00002 (not receiving hotmails in outlook)

I am using Outlook 2007 in Windows 7 Professional with Outlook Connector V. 14.0.4760.1000. I am able to get the hotmail account running and everything syncronized upon install, but afterwards I can only send mails from my outlook windows live account, I don't receive anything. I have tried the steps of removing hotmail in outlook, uninstall connector, delete the *.ost file etc etc as explained in these forums, but no luck. The error message I get in connector's detailed report is as follows: 

Outlook Hotmail Connector Version 14.0.4760.1000

Account: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Signed in successfully at 6/2/2010 9:47:59 PM                                                                          

Mail: Last successfully refreshed at 9:48 PM.                                                                          
Calendar: Last successfully refreshed at 9:48 PM.                                                                      
Contacts: Last successfully refreshed at 9:48 PM.                                                                      

Errors :

Time: 6/2/2010 9:48:00 PM
Error in Mail
There is an error synchronizing your mail account. Please verify your account is configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web.
Error: 4201. Client. Invalid folder name.

Time: 6/2/2010 9:48:00 PM
Error in Mail
Error with Send/Receive.
There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 8de00002.

Time: 6/2/2010 9:48:29 PM
Error in Mail
There is an error synchronizing your mail account. Please verify your account is configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web.
Error: 4201. Client. Invalid folder name.

Time: 6/2/2010 9:48:29 PM
Error in Mail
Error with Send/Receive.
There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 8de00002.

Answer

A:

What happened to me was this. I was organizing my eMail and I had many eMails about Frequencies for my radio. So I created a folder for those eMail on my pc called freq's. It was not till I rebooted my computer a few days later that I found out that Outlook was not working. I came across this thread and it jogged my memory about creating that folder. I got rid of the ' hyphen and thus my eMail program started to work again as it should with the MSN connector.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

A:

Your solution worked for me! I had put the symbol & in one of my folders. After the next reboot that email account wouldn't work! I have other email accounts sync'd into Outlook and they were working. That made it really challenging to figure out what was different with the accounts.

Thanks for sharing what worked for you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 22,691 Last updated: March 31, 2018 Applies to: