Cannot send emails thru Outlook 2003 after adding Zimbra as a new email account. Unable to connect to STMP server.

Hello everyone. I hope you all can help with my issue. Please bear with me, as I am learning as I go with this.

I am running Windows XP and the issue is with Outlook 2003.

Currently, my business receives email through Zimbra (offered by Homestead Websites). I wanted to view my mail through Outlook so I set up a new email account following Homestead’s exact instructions. 

When setting up the account and clicking “Test Account Settings” I received a message saying that Outlook could not connect to my STMP server.

I clicked ok but then all my Zimbra email started loading into Outlook. I thought everything was fine.

I even started receiving new emails in the new Outlook account.

I have am having a few problems, but the MAIN issue is that I am unable to SEND emails on outlook. I get the following error message:

Task ‘mail.homestead.com – Sending’ reported error (0x80042109) : ‘Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) email server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’

I have contacted Homestead and they advised me they were unable to assist me and that I would need to contact Microsoft for support.

I have searched through the forum and tried many different suggestions but nothing is helping. I have verified that I typed the POP3 and the STMP server correctly. I have also verified the Port numbers are correct (110 and 25).

I do not want to delete the outlook account and start over because when I set the account up, it completely deleted every email I had in my Zimbra inbox. So deleting the Outlook account and starting over would make me loose almost 100 emails.

I’ve mentioned that my Zimbra inbox is now empty and I also am NOT receiving new messages thru that account but I AM getting them in the Outlook account.

Any assistance you could provide on this issue is greatly, greatly appreciated.
Jenny, I have the same, identical problem but with a different ISP. Can anyone help us out?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I hope so Steve. There are tons of very knowledgeable folks here on the forum.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks so much for the reply, Ezil.

Unfortunately, I tried all the suggestions and none of them worked.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

1.  Verify the Pop3 config is definitely correct
2.  Verify your firewall is not configured to block Pop3 or the ports you are using
3.  Verify you can download from another Pop3 account to your PC eg your ISP mail, Gmail, etc
4.  Verify you can download Hotmail via Pop3 to another device/PC eg a secondary PC, iPhone/iPad via Pop3)

If you are still unable to get it working, then you might have the same problem I had.

Are you running PeerGuardian or another blocking application that could be blocking the Microsoft Corp IP Addresses via one of the lists?  Try temporarily disabling that list, or enabling the IP and test the send/receive.  If it workds, you can then perminantly enable the IP/List.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 10, 2022 Views 1,425 Applies to: