Can no longer open Zip files

I have Office 2007 running on Windows 7 (64).  I have automatic update.  Recently I have been unable to open Zip files attached to emails.  The problem first appeared a couple of weeks ago when I could not open by double clicking the file but could open by right clicking and selecting open.  However, a couple of days ago I became unable to open Zip files at all.  I get the following error: “Cannot create file SecureZip Attachments.zip (the name of the attachment); Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check the permissions for the folder."  However, I don’t know what folder it needs to open the file.  And, I get the same error when I try to copy the file to the desktop to which I have full control permission.  I tried downloading another Zip program PK7-zip; the icons on the attachments changed, but the error remained the same.  I do not have the same problem with word, pdf or excel files that I have opened today.

Question Info

Last updated March 9, 2019 Views 2,925 Applies to:
Answer

Save the zip file to desktop and associate it with the appropriate program to extract the files by right clicking on file > Open with. Then check whether the issue reoccurs.

Also delete the temporary secure folder in the location specified in the article below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817878

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.