Sender failed fraud detection checks with WordPress forms

I have a WordPress website with a contact form. When the contact form is submitted I have it set so an email is automatically sent to my address to notify me. The from address is my own email address and the "name" is WordPress. It is sent to my Junk Email and I am unable to mark as safe because "This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be."

How can I mark these emails as safe?

Question Info

Last updated July 9, 2018 Views 3,177 Applies to:

Hi Magriguez,

From the error message, the issue might be caused by SPF record. Please make sure you have added the SPF record at your DNS hosting provider. Here are the steps:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-DNS-records-for-Office-365-at-any-DNS-hosting-provider-7b7b075d-79f9-4e37-8a9e-fb60c1d95166?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#BKMK_add_TXT

If you have added the record and the issue persists, I’d like to collect the following information to further investigate the issue:

1. Is it an Exchange Online account you are using at the moment?

2. If yes, please send us the sender’s email address and we will check the health status for it.

3. By saying “I am unable to mark as safe”, do you mean you cannot add the sender to safe list? Please send us the detailed steps you have tried.

To protect the privacy, I have sent you a private message to collect the information. Click the following link to access it:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessages/list

Regards,

Robert

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Robert

I am having the exact same issue and just confirmed that the SPF record is in place and recognised by Office 365.

Are you able to help, I have the odd email that doesn't get marked as failing the fraud detection test but most go to Junk and like Magriguez, I am unable to mark them safe permananetly, meaning every new email gets marked as spam.

Thanks Reyan

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Reyan,

To look into the issue, we need to collect the complete message header of the affected emails.

To get the headers, in Outlook desktop version:

a. Open the email with a separate window.

b. Go to FILE > Info > Properties.

c. Copy the content in the Internet header.

In Outlook Web App (https://outlook.office.com/owa), double click the email to open it, click the down arrow near the right-side Reply all button and click View message details.

To protect the privacy, I have sent you a private message to collect the information. Click the following link to access it:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessages/list

Regards,

Robert

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Reyan,

Thanks for the information.

I have checked the message header and found the SCL is 5, which is a spam email detected by EOP. Given the situation, please follow the below to set the emails from the account as non-spam emails:

Sign into Exchange admin center (https://outlook.office365.com/ecp) with your Office 365 admin account. In Mail Flow, click + to Create a new rule…, select More options. Set Apply this rule if... the sender is this person and select the account which sends the emails. Set Do the following...Modify the message properties – Set the Spam Confidence Level to bypass spam filtering and click Save at last.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Robert

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Reyan,

Are you still experiencing the issue? If yes, please confirm the information above when you have time.

Regards,

Robert

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Robert, 

Once I setup the Mail Flow Rule, it's all working fine. Question, would other people be seeing this as Spam? The tests to a Gmail account looks all good but wondered if it was hitting another O365 user, it would be hitting their Junk folder.

Cheers Reyan

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Reyan,

For internal users, the rule will be triggered if the email is sent from this specific sender. Please let me know if the rule doesn’t work for other users in your organization.

If you refer to the users in an external Office 365 organization, the behaviors depend on the settings on the recipients’ side. However, if you get any report indicates that the issue is hitting another Office 365 organization, you can involve the admin of this organization to create a rule mentioned above and see if there is any improvement.

Thanks,

Chris

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Reyan,

Do you have other questions regarding this?

Regards,

Robert

Sorry this didn't help.