Outlook Spell Check Wrong default language

Dear community,

Having wrote a new email, Outlook is suddenly spell checking using a USA dictionary rather than the default UK that is set in Outlook, Word, and Excel.  I have checked the user options settings and UK language setting is default there does not seem to be another language installed.

I can't find any other settings for language with in Outlook.  The word that I'm trying to spellcheck is colour.  In Word and Excel it spells it the UK way but in Outlook it highlights it as wrong and suggest color the American spelling.  The spell check box tells me its checking it in American English but I can not find how to change it.  As i'm writing this question out, its telling me that the English way of spelling colour is wrong within this text box.  I have also checked what language windows is running and it says English UK and again there does not seem to be any other languages installed.

This could have been like this for while and I never noticed until now.  This problem in previous versions would be because the default language had changed.  This don't seemed to be the case.

I am using Office 365 running on a Windows 7 Pro laptop. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Neil

Question Info

Last updated June 11, 2019 Views 1,345 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello Neil,

Thanks for your reply.

Based on my test with the environment:

1. English UK language.
  2. Outlook version 1710 (Build 8625.2121 click-to-run)
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise

I get the correct result. Please see the screenshot below:

Please restart your laptop and Outlook client, try to input a sentence not a word to the new email template, and then change some words manually. After doing that, please click the Spelling & Grammar button under the Review tab to check it.

Meanwhile, I notice you are using Windows 7 OS, please also try checking this issue in a Windows 10 OS if possible. If the issue persists, for this pure client issue, we suggest you feedback your concern to our related team to investigate it via the link below:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/322590-outlook-2016-for-windows

Your time and understanding are appreciated.

Regards,

Rudy

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.