Outlook search contact card is useless since some updates

Hi,

some time ago, the contact Information shown were helpfull. Then - whyever - you changed this to an useless sytle - devided into two screens.

If you search for a contact and select the entry, you will see a lot of space and only some informaton.

For the needed Information, you have to click Always on >

Everything from there could and *should* be displayed on page 1.

Generally, it is unclear which Information are shown on page 1. Somtimes phone, sometimes mobile, sometimes both ...

So how can I switch of the split into two screens, which useless. Or how can I customize the first screen to Display more or better all Information from the contact?

Is anyone from Microsoft using there programs? How can implement it the shown way or decide to implement it in this way? I can't understand it to make it useless with such unneeded changes.

Some Problem in 365 home and 365 Business.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2019 Views 51 Applies to:

Hi Arganto2010,

Thanks for your posting in our forum. Based on my tests and research, the problem you’re experiencing is a normal behavior in the new version of Outlook. As far as I know, there is no setting in Outlook can merge the two pages into one. If the contacts information contains the phone number or email address, they will be displayed in the contact information summary(the first page), and some other detailed information like IM address, Department, Work Address… will be displayed in the second page.

While I totally understand your concern to bring the old contact information view back. I suggest you submit your ideas via the following link:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/322590-outlook-2016-for-windows

Many features of current programs have been designed and upgraded based on customers’ feedback.

Best Regards,

Huni

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I saw a lot of complains all over the web regarding this "feature".

I really don't understand, why the developpert are damaging by chaging old and usefull part of Outlook and then afterwards the customer has to fill in ideas and have to hope, that this idea will be implementaed by rolling the new feature back to a usefull old behavior.

Where should be the sense to Display exactly the same size of pages, one empty without usefull data and then the same size with the needed data.

At least, there should be an Option to customize the pages or swich of this split.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Arganto2010,

We really appreciate your constructive suggestions for our product. Our related team is actively monitoring the UserVoice forum. You can post your ideas there. Thanks for your time and efforts to make Outlook better

Best Regards,

Huni

Sorry this didn't help.

It's getting even more worse. With the last update, I received, now zip Code and City isn't displayed anymore even on the detail page. Now only available on mouseover. And unclear how many details/information are now missing as well.

Who has such ideas? That a contact application does not display the contact Information anymore.

If I want to see the contact information, I have to press …, edit contact and the I see the old (but full) information.

Unbelievable.

Sorry this didn't help.