Outlook 2016 - Save Multiple Attachments not saving to Network Drives

I recently updated a user from Office 2010 to Office 2016 through Office 365, soon after the update, the user informed me that they were no longer able to use the "Save Multiple Attachments" feature in Outlook to save multiple attachments to a Network location.

This method can save files to a Local drive without an issue, but will not save to a Mapped Network folder. I have tested this on two other computers, both in a different environment, with the same results.

Files can be saved individually, even through the Save Multiple Attachments dialogue, it is only when attempting to save 2 or more files simultaneously. I'm hoping someone knows of a solution to this issue as this user can receive upwards of 10+ attachments in a single email for a project that they need to make available to a project folder.

They did not have this issue prior to the upgrade. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

***Moved from: Office / Outlook / Microsoft Office Programming / Office 2016***

***Moved from: Office / Outlook / Other/unknown / Office 365 Home***

Answer
Answer

Hi All,

I totally understand the inconvenience this thing may cause you. Our related team are currently working on this issue. As workarounds, you can save the attachments one by one or revert to an earlier version. Your time and understanding will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Iry

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Angela,

No, right now the issue is still being investigated and there are two workarounds described in the following article, you can keep monitoring it to get the latest update about it.

1. Save the documents to your own computer, and then copy them to the shared network drive.

2. Save the documents one at a time to the shared network drive.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/unable-to-save-all-attachments-to-a-shared-network-drive-4e9d1fd2-3a4b-4a22-acd0-2ff1217edd8c?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Regards,

Leo

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 6, 2019 Views 9,342 Applies to: