Multiple emails

My organization uses Office365 but I would like to keep using my Gmail account.

I only use Office365 Outlook on the browser, no Outlook app installed in my computers.

The problem occurs from any PC or Mac I use, and with all browsers.

I have configurated my work Office365 account on Gmail using Office365 smtp to send work email from Gmail.

Everything was working perfectly but around the 15th of September I have started to send multiple emails to the same receivers when there is more than one receiver in to: box.

When I look my Gmail sent box, I only see one email but when I check on my Office365/Outlook sent box, I see as many email as the number of receivers (as an example, if I have sent the same email to 3 people, I see 3 different email).

My colleague from IT Dept phoned your help desk but they said it is a Gmail problem.

On Google forums I have seen many people having the same issue and it seems to be a Microsoft issue:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/gmail/Or2-7uSwH6Y/2GUf_YmHGgAJ

In particular:

The problem is that, when the message is submitted to the Microsoft server, with one recipient, the server is reading the message headers and sending copies to each recipient listed there, and not just the intended recipient, a clear violation of the SMTP protocol.

Would you please help me to sort this out?

Regards

Question Info

Last updated March 17, 2020 Views 2,565 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi All,

Service Health Dashboard has indicated that issue EX149947 has been resolved as of:

Monday, October 22, 2018, at 11:44 PM UTC . If you are still experiencing an issue, please let us know as this may indicate either a scoping issue or an independent problem.

Thanks,

Rudy

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.