Keep both Office 365 Business email along with Network solutions email for non-365 workers

Adding Office 365 Business to a small construction company of around 10 employees. Main purpose is so that a few of the workers can access email on multiple devices, along with the 1TB of storage. However, half the workers do not need any of the features and have no desire to set them up with Office 365. 

Would like to use the advanced features of Office 365 Business as well as continue to use Network Solutions email for those workers that do not have Office 365. Is this possible, or will switching email domain hosting remove the ability for non-365 workers to continue as they always did? Do all employees need Office 365 Business?

Thanks,

Rob

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Rob,

As I mentioned above, I think your email providers are different for Office 365 users and field workers. However, based on your last reply, you also move field workers to Office 365. Am I right? For my understanding, I summarize the situations here and please feel free to correct me:

You have 40% Office 365 users and 60% field workers. They use the same domain name (such as contoso.com). You want all users (Office 365 users and field workers) to use Office 365 and each user has their own email accounts (these accounts can be set up in Outlook client or mobile). But field workers don’t want to subscribe Office 365 licenses. It this is your situation, it is not feasible to do it. Since any users want to use Office 365 Exchange features, they must have related licenses.

I think your fielder workers also have another email accounts by Network solutions (old email provider). If all users in your company used Network solutions before, you can do the Simple Domain sharing. It means that you only need to move a few users to Office 365 and forward emails from Network Solutions to Office 365. Here is a reference:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Pilot-Office-365-with-a-few-email-addresses-on-your-custom-domain-39cee536-6a03-40cf-b9c1-f301bb6001d7

If anything is unclear or you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best Regards,

Erick

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 10, 2021 Views 443 Applies to: