How to setup a shared calendar so everyone can edit it

I'm using Office 365 and Outlook 2016 and am trying to setup a shared calendar that is invite only where everyone who is invited can see and edit meetings.  I tried setting up a group calendar and a team calendar, but anytime I tried scheduling a meetings everyone also had the meeting added to their personal calendar (which is not what I want).  I guess what I'm trying to do is very similar to creating a new user account who would then shares their calendar so all everyone can view and edit it, but without adding a new user (since it would cost me an additional Office 365 subscription).  Can this be done, and if so what are best practices for setting this up?

Answer
Answer

Hi Philiiip94,

Yes, you can archive your goal without adding a new user. We can just create a shared mailbox for your organization and then add the related members to the Full Access list under mailbox delegation. For a better understanding of what Shared Mailbox is, you can refer to the following link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt577278(v=exchg.160).aspx

The followings are the detailed steps to do it:

1. Sign into your Office 365 admin account to Office portal: https://portal.office.com/
  2. Navigate to Admin> Admin center> Exchange> Recipients> Shared, then click the plus icon to create a shared mailbox
  3. Click the edit button (shown as a pencil) to edit the shared mailbox,  then click  on mailbox delegation, add the members to the Full Access list.
  4. Then you can add the shared mailbox in Outlook web access or Outlook desktop, you and the other members will be able to edit or view the calendar under the shared mailbox

Best regards,

Coldwell

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2024 Views 8,039 Applies to: