Log onto Exchange ActiveSync mail server (EAS): The username or password you entered isn’t working.

I use the email service (live outlook.com) in my domain and I'm not getting EAS sync outlook 2013 and windows phone 8 for newly created accounts, do not use 2-step login or password app in the accounts. Error message displays:

Log onto Exchange ActiveSync mail server (EAS): The username or password you entered isn’t working. Please try typing them again.

I can normally access the webmail.

The old MS accounts work perfectly. What is it and how to fix?

Tks

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi gtozadori2,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community Forum. I apologize for the delayed response and it's my pleasure on helping you to access your account in Outlook 2013 and your mobile device.

In order for us to clarify your issue, what exactly do you mean by "do not use 2-step login or password app in the accounts"? Are you not using it or you don't want to use it?

As our initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you generate app password for you to be able to access your account. For more information, you may visit this link.

If this is not your issue, please provide us more detailed description of your issue so that we can provide the best resolution for you. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I use the email service (live outlook.com) in my domain and I'm not getting EAS sync outlook 2013 and windows phone 8 for newly created accounts, do not use 2-step login or password app in the accounts. Error message displays:

Log onto Exchange ActiveSync mail server (EAS): The username or password you entered isn’t working. Please try typing them again.

I can normally access the webmail.

The old MS accounts work perfectly. What is it and how to fix?

Tks

I setup accounts at domains.live.com

I tried to setup outlook 2013 to use these new accounts...  I did a manual "Outlook.com or Exchange ActiveSync compatible service."  I entered the same username (email address created in domains.live.com) and password that work on OUTLOOK.COM

My new (recently added accounts) have a constant issues with this when verifying the account in outlook 2013...

"Log onto Exchange ActiveSync mail server (EAS): The username or password you entered isn’t working. Please try typing them again." 

I have NOT enabled 2 step authentication and do not want to use APP passwords.  ALL OF MY OTHER (OLDER) accounts work.  They will not work in outlook 2013 or iphone.  JUST IN OUTLOOK.COM

I have been trying for 2 weeks and am getting very frustrated.  Please help!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi teeny23,

Welcome to Microsoft Community forum. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this issue has caused you. Don't worry, I'm here to help you. 

Please take note that custom domain account can't be configured using EAS. You should use the POP, IMAP and SMTP server that was configured in the admin panel of the domain registrar. The domain administrator have the option to add/change the default POP, IMAP and  SMTP server to pop-mail.outlook.com, imap-mail.outlook.com and smtp-mail.outlook.com in the admin panel. Once the Microsoft POP, IMAP and  SMTP server were configured in the domain registrar, the Microsoft domain accounts can now be configured in mail application. 

Let me know if you have other clarifications. I'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

From my experience and the comments from the OP, it seems like new Live accounts created on custom domain (domains.live.com) don't have access to EAS, but any existing accounts still can use EAS.

If that was a stated, documented policy on Microsoft's behalf I would kind of understand it as outlook.com custom domains is being replaced with an as yet unspecified Office 365 option.

However I have found no reference to this on outlook.com, domains.live.com or office.com.

Is this by design or is this a bug?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Optop93,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I sincerely apologize for not being able to answer your concern in a timely manner. Let me answer your question regarding EAS configuration for user accounts under a custom domain that was registered in Windows Live Admin Center.

By default, all user accounts under custom domain that are registered in Windows Live Admin Center don't have an option to use EAS configuration. If in case that old domains can use EAS configuration, it is still based on how the Domain Administrator setup your custom domain on the Domain Registrar. If the Domain Administrator setup the domain that have EAS configuration on it, the users can use EAS configuration on their account. You may contact your Domain Administrator regarding this issue.

If you have other concern or question, don't hesitate to inform us and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Like Gtozadori2 I am also facing the same issue. I created customized email ids on domains.live.com in March 2014. After that Microsoft closed free customized domain ids. We can add email ids under same domain. However, I am able to configure email ids created in March using EAS settings in all MS Office (2007, 2010 and 2013) but cannot configure newly created email ids using EAS setting in outlook 2013. This works for outlook 2007 and 2010 using outlook connector.

Error I am getting is 

I tried configuring it using IMAP/POP but failed.

Error : 

Send test e-mail message: Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.

Send test e-mail message: None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

IRPL, I have same issues.

I can add to the issue description that I can successfully setup outlook.com accounts on my windows phone, even for newer (custom domain) accounts. But Office Outlook 2013 integration fails.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am facing the same issue.  New accounts created on an existing domain are unable to access mail via EAS. 

Please escalate this.    As yet there is no proper home edition of office 365 which includes exchange online so there is no migration option that is acceptable.

thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi PeterRoweUk,

I am able to configure new users on outlook 2010 or previous version with outlook connector. I am also office 365 user and want to configure new domains on outlook 2013.

Microsoft Team,

Please escalate this and provide a solution. Many users are facing the same issue.

At many threads it had been suggested to use server as s.outlook.com or bay-m.hotmail.com etc.

But none of these are working.

This is not any new issue. After surfing over net I came to know many previous users of both customized domain as well as outlook or live user had faced this issue.

Waiting for some solution. Please reply asap.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello all!

I'm posting here as this problem is related to my experience at this thread:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-outlook/exchange-activesync-eas-settings-for-outlook-2013/55ae6703-8ebd-4bf2-b702-989ff7269a80?page=3&msgId=5d9a2944-14a1-4607-9a73-f516252cf081&rtAction=1404319896877

I did get the problem fixed for connecting my Outlook.com custom domain email accounts to Outlook 2013 using EAS.  However, it took getting help through to a 3rd Tier support tech.  I posted details about that interaction there.

Good luck!

Steve

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2024 Views 19,037 Applies to: