Outlook 2010 - Sending HTML base oft Files is converted to RTF

I have numerous clients with this problem, including myself.  We have created custom .oft files in Outlook 2010 that contains a header image, specific formatting for lists, colors etc.  When sending it, the email is 100% perfect in the outbox but once received - It is somehow being converted to RTF and loses all formatting and images show up as attachments.

This is using a POP/SMTP account, AV software has been removed to test that, computers rebooted, updates applied and remove and reapplied, cache cleared, Outlook started with the /resetnavpane switch etc.

IF I create a new email and set custom attributes like lists, headers etc - It is received perfectly.  This just happens on emails created from saved messages or from oft files?

Question Info

Last updated August 21, 2019 Views 15,028 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Well...... at long last. If you click on the link above, the long pre-amble doesn't really give you a sense that this is the hotfix for our problems..... but wait there's more. I installed the patch and problem solved.... it even sent a .msg template that was created in Office 2007.  Last night I had a phone call from a Microsoft Australia Supervisor who was very keen to ensure that front level support had clear knowledge of this problem. He certainly seemed concerned about his collegues insistance on un-installing and re-installing Office, creating new profiles and changing my Trend Micro settings.  This clearly had nothing to do with the problem on this thread. Persistance pays off when it comes to dealing with Microsoft. Although it cost me seven hours of business time, it did pay off in the end. Again a thank you to Diane Poremsky for her help and a thank you to Daniel (Microsoft) who took the time to ring me back.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2544027

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.