Your POP3 server rejected your login __-ERR [Auth] Invalid login

After upgrading our PC and loading Outlook 2007 on XP, it continually asks for password and will not receive mail. It does send though and I do have net access on the machine. We are able to check mail using a remote login on same machine but it is frustrating. 

Have removed Outlook, including .pst file and reloaded it. Have checked email password with service provider who, after some checks, told me to contact Microsoft.

Have successfully setup Email on both daughters accounts on same machine as they each have their own logons and seperate email accounts but our main account returns the above msg after 'Test Account Settings' 

Answer
Answer
Thanks for your help. But now the account is working properly, my service provider had disabled this account after it was found to be sending a large quantity of spam emails.

They reactivated my account and now I can use it again.

Thanks again for your time.

AleGGBH

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

The password entered in the account information is incorrect:-

Open outlook->click on tools->account settings->click on the account->change->remove the password and enter the password again.

Try logging in to your webmail using the same username and password entered in outlook account information, check if you can login.

If you cannot login to your webmail then reset the password and type the new password under account settings again.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 25, 2024 Views 17,710 Applies to: