operating system Windows 7 professional
Have defined 3 users, all with their own outlook file definitions, e-mail addresses,...
In order to simplify backup management downloaded outlook tool to make backups of pst files using one of the 3 users
Works fine for that user
Running outlook on the other users does not allow me to use this utility. The option 'backup' does not appear in 'File' menu!!!
What am I doing wrong?
thanks for your help
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
Found on another site following instruction (apparently coming from MS site)
1) Install the pfbackup
2) It won't appear in the list on Outlook
3) I start Outlook and go to Tools/Trust Center
4) Select the Add Ins tab, go down to COM and select add
5) Select add again in the new window, and browse to a directory similar to
c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\addins
6) select the file: outbak.dll
7) voila! the option now appears on the File menu and works perfectly
THIS WORKED. I have now the backup add-in operational for all users!
thanks and kind regards
1 person found this reply helpful
Was this reply helpful?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for your feedback.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.