Infobar has dissappeared

I am using Windows 7 and Outlook 2007. Peviously when I have received e-mails in Outlook I have been able to use the infobar to choose whether or not to display images in the e-mail.  The infobar appears to have disappeared and I have to click on the link in the e-mail to view the page online.  How can I get the infobar back??

Question Info

Last updated September 1, 2018 Views 2,070 Applies to:
Sounds like something is stripping the HTML and passing only the text, which has no images.  The first thing I'd do is uninstall my antivirus program and reinstall it without the mail scanning feature.  AV programs are leading causes of anomalies in mail reception.  I'd also check the format of the message to see if it's listed as HTML, Plain Text, or Rich text.
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
--------------------------------
If a reply helps, please vote it as helpful. If a reply solves the issue, please mark it as an answer.
Brian

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thankyou for you reply, I have tried all of your suggestions but unfortunately I am still having the same problem.  I was using Microsoft Security Essentials but have uninstalled that and now have AVG 2011 free version.  I have deactivated the e-mail scanner and still no images.  Outlook has crashed several times recently and this problem has only occured since Outlook crashed.  Maybe the answer is to re-install Outlook?
jmarsh

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd try a new mail profile first.
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
--------------------------------
If a reply helps, please vote it as helpful. If a reply solves the issue, please mark it as an answer.
Brian

Sorry this didn't help.