Changed password for att.net email now can't get Outlook 2007 to connect

I just did my quarterly password changing process, including my att.net email account. I'm able to use the new password fine to log on to the AT&T site and read my email, but when I tried to change the account settings in Outlook 2007, it's not completing the settings test. All other settings are unchanged -- inbound.att.net, outbound.att.net, Ports 995 and 465, SSL, etc. But not connecting. ???

Since 2007 went out of support early last year, and since then no updates of any type, peoples have had problems after a win 10 update

Try a repair of Office, failing that a new Profile

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I just did my quarterly password changing process, including my att.net email account. I'm able to use the new password fine to log on to the AT&T site and read my email, but when I tried to change the account settings in Outlook 2007, it's not completing the settings test. All other settings are unchanged -- inbound.att.net, outbound.att.net, Ports 995 and 465, SSL, etc. But not connecting. ???

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Jacinto

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just did my quarterly password changing process, including my att.net email account. I'm able to use the new password fine to log on to the AT&T site and read memail, but when I tried to change the account settings in Outlook 2007, it's not completing the settings test. All other settings are unchanged -- inbound.att.net, outbound.att.net, Ports 995 and 465, SSL, etc. But not connecting. ???

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a similar problem.  Everything was working correctly for years....then it couldn't get past the SMTP server, no idea why.  I tried everything and hours on hours.  I ended up deleting my account, changed my password and in the same shape I started in.  Says my login or p/w is incorrect...it is not!  I have one password for all AT&T.  I changed, I checked everything including my cell phone.  Everything is working just fine, except Outlook 2016.  I'm at my wits end.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 27, 2022 Views 543 Applies to: