Outlook Messages Sources taking up huge amount of space

Hello all,

Desperately looking for a solution - this folder: /Users/JLG/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles/Main Profile/Data/Message Sources, is currently sitting at 76GB of data. 

I have plenty of emails (+/- 4000), but considering that all attachments to these messages is sitting at 2,4GB, the size of this Message Sources folder seems beyond ridiculous. 

What can I do? Running Outlook 15.31 on my Macbook Air [El Capitan], through an Office 365 Subscription, which is connecting to our work email through IMAP as an Exchange Account [Preference/Internet Accounts]. 

Answer
Answer

Hi Jordan-L-G,

The message sources didn’t only contain the emails and attachments. It also contains the cache and settings in the Outlook for Mac app. So it could have a larger size then the size of all the emails and their attachments.

Then as you said your account is connecting to the work email through IMAP as an Exchange Account [Preference/Internet Accounts], could you let us know how exact the account was configured, via IMAP or Exchange mode? Please capture a screenshot of the detailed account type as the screenshot below:

Generally, if you are using an Office 365 for Business account, it is recommended to add the account via Exchange mode. So I would suggest you create a new profile and then add the account into this new profile via Exchange mode.
Note: please backup the email data before creating a new profile.

Regards,
Yang

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2024 Views 4,646 Applies to: