Outlook 2016 Grey Out Attachment

Split from this thread.

The problem with the attachments greyed out has not been resolved. I can see from this forum (running since March 2016) and other forums on the web that the issue is widespread, and impacting productivity. I have tried Office Insider Fast, no fix, reverting and no fix. 

I can see that there are a few from Microsoft on this thread, so I'm offering my time to help resolve the bug by providing whatever logs, information, diagnosis needed. This shouldn't be be necessary as the problem is persistent, widespread and repeatable and impacts people across various macOS versions.

I'm no software engineer, but if this isn't a problem for the Windows Outlook Client, Mac Mail client, iPads or iPhones (or web mail) connecting to exchange server, then it's likely an issue with the Mac Outlook Client.

Multiple people (including myself) have suggested that this issue is related to slow or interrupted connectivity. You can reproduce the fault by disconnecting the LAN while downloading the attachment. If you quit outlook and then start up again, the Sync sometimes fails to recognise the email text has been downloaded but no the attachment (you get All folders are up to date).

PLEASE FIX. 

Regards,

Mark.

Hi Mark,

Please check whether you have ticked this option:

1. Click Outlook > Preferences > Accounts, select the account you are using, and then click Advanced.

2. In Server, tick the Download headers only checkbox and check if the issue can be fixed.

If the issue persists, to better understand the situation and troubleshoot the issue, I’d like to collect the following details at first:

1. The detailed version of your Mac OS and Outlook for Mac application (in OutlookAbout Outlook.)
2. Does the issue occur to a few random emails with attachments or all the emails with attachments?
3. Do any other users who use Mac in your organization have the same issue? If not, please configure the affected account on their device and check the outcome.
4. What type of the account you are using, Exchange, IMAP or POP?

5. Is there anything in common about those attachments? Like all PDF files?

Regards,

Lance

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Mark,

Have you referred to my reply? Can you share any update with us?

Thanks,

Lance

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 6, 2023 Views 1,721 Applies to: