No Entry Symbol on Junk Mail Folders

For some reason I was having trouble creating folders.  The Folders were grayed out. But after playing around, I was able to create a new one.

Background.  I have a gmail account and a live.com account feeding into Outlook 2011 on the Mac with 2.7.5 Op Sys.

Later, I noticed that my Junk Mail Folder had two new folders under it, one called "Gmail" and another called "On My Computer."  All 3 had the red 0 slash (No Entry) symbols on it and I could not enter them.  I did see some emails in my live.com account when I logged on directly.

So, any idea what happened and how I can fix it?  Or is this a French Metaphysical Problem ("No Exit" by Sartre.)

Not sure it's Sans issue, but it's not a problem I've ever seen before.
The fact that you have separate folders for Gmail and Live is expected since Gmail is probably configured as IMAP (and the spam folder is therefore stored on the server) whereas Live is configured as POP (because they don't offer anything else) and the spam folder is therefore on the On My Computer section.
Now, what happens when you get spam e-mail on either account?
And is Outlook up to date (14.3.6)?

Corentin

I do *not* work for MS
Je ne travaille *pas* pour MS

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, I did upgrade this am, but no difference.

There were emails in the junk folders this am, which meant there was data (my fear).  I also noticed red x's on the deleted folders after the upgrade.  Is this something new, or did I just notice this?

Perhaps this is just new iconography to visually identify the information inside of the folder.  I swear I do not remember the "no entry" icons before and I know there were no sub-folders before. I did see some other problems listed online with the same issue.  But now seeing as it only seems to either be cosmetic or perhaps even a visual reminder of the content, I don't see it as a problem.

It is, however, still bizarre that these icons should suddenly appear today.  Yesterday I could not click on the Junk email folders and enter them.  Today, they had some emails and I could enter them.

This is like my last problem in which Outlook and Gmail kept having an argument for 3 days over a "too large" email that I sent then deleted.  Outlook kept giving an error every 2-3 minutes for 3 days and then it suddenly stopped when it got tired.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I get all the same symbols as well on these special folders.
The icons themselves are expected and OK. The big question is, are you able to see the e-mails in these folders?
If yes, then you're just fine :-)

Corentin

I do *not* work for MS

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm getting the no entry sign on all junk mail folder in Outlook for Mac (Office for Mac 2011) and can't see any messages in any of the folders. Have checked one of the accounts via webmail and there are messages in the Junk folder. Anyone got any ideas as to how to get rid of the no entry signs and restore the Junk folders?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The folder with the no entry sign is the standard icon for the Junk folders. I have it too and it's also the symbol you have on the corresponding icon in the toolbar.

Corentin

I do *not* work for MS

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 22, 2024 Views 3,768 Applies to: