Error Code 1026 @ Outlook 2016 for Mac

I continue face this problem since I installed outlook 2016 for mac, and the error message is 1026 and I have no close the message alert. Who have solution for this? I think I found some answers are useful for old version, like 2013, etc.But no new version solution. 

Thx,

Lawrence

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2019 Views 3,182 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

ANSWER FOUND to this problem!!
I spent several hours on phone with technician from Office for Mac 2011 (1-800-936-5700) to no avail. FINALLY, I was transferred to a Senior Technician who resolved this problem.
I hope this will be clear to follow...
Go to your "Sent items" folder >click View (on very top menu bar) > click Reading Pane - which gives you three options, >click Hidden.  This will give you all of your sent items in column form such as Subject/ To / Date Sent/Categories.  In order to get to the "Size" column, I had to click on "View" (on very top menu bar), then click on Size so it would be shown on my screen.  From there scroll through your emails to find any that are 25MB or greater, then "Delete" all of those.
Redo this process again for your "Deleted items" folder.
Once you are finished, to return your Inbox to original setting, click View > Reading Pane > Right ( as in my case).
This is what the Sr. Technician did for me and instantly this ERROR message was gone after 6 months of this issue!
Hope this helps!

44 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.